For over 10 years I worked in ecommerce and consumer product goods (CPGs) helping to design, produce, and sell everything from apparel to temporary tattoos. As I moved from sales to operations, I realized that I could cut costs by reducing things like packaging or by reusing material waste and turning it into new products. There was still a lot of waste and a lot of room for improvement. I wanted to do more.
I turned that feeling into action and made a career shift. Today, I work at the intersection of sustainability and communications. I try to be part of the solution each day by sharing stories, thoughts, and ideas that get people to take action to protect people and the planet.
Master’s, Sustainability Leadership, 4.0 GPA
Arizona State University
- Frasier Global Mentorship Program, selected as one of 12; mentor was Ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva and the Prime Minister’s Special Envoy to Francophone Africa
- Member of Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
B.A., Liberal Studies, Focus areas: Economics and Spanish
Arizona State University
- National Hispanic Merit Scholar
- Grew target social media audience by 98% over a year by leveraging the networks of domestic alliance champions, amplifying national alliance launches, sharing press releases, and promoting ACA virtual and in-person events.
- Supported the promotion of a call-to-action statement ahead of the G20 Meeting and COP26 that contributed to stronger climate commitments by governments where national alliances are present including Argentina, Japan, South Africa, and the United States.
- Created a 6000+ member database that incorporates data from the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Race to Zero Campaign that helped ACA achieve recognition as a Global Accelerator Partner of the Campaign through KPI tracking and on-demand reporting.
- Designed the Texas Waterways Month program and cultivated a $100K+ three-year sponsorship from Heineken and Dos Equis in support of waterways cleanups that met ESG and marketing goals of the partner organization.
- Secured over $400K in sponsorships annually by identifying potential supporters for Keep Texas Beautiful programs through researching CSR programs and connecting with organizations similarly committed to community improvement and beautification and providing detailed event and annual reports including KPI tracking, infographics, select photographs, and external communications pieces.
- Reduced administrative time and improved project outcomes for the Texas Department of Transportation by identifying benchmarks and goals for youth programs and cleanup activities and streamlining monthly data capture and reporting.
- Designed an educational campaign targeted to 5,000 students, faculty and staff that led to reducing water and electricity usage by engaging stakeholders and building sustainability understanding.
- Increased website users by over 20% and session time by 30% in first three months by leveraging Google Analytics through developing and executing a content marketing strategy.
- Led development of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) STARS report by narrating the sustainability impact and tracking progress towards goals and earning the university recognition on the Princeton Review Guide to Green Colleges.
- Systematized data collection for greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory reporting (scopes 1-3) across two St. Edward’s University campuses by developing new online tools and influencing 100% department participation.
Various Operations, Sales, Digital Marketing and Ecommerce roles at CPG startup and apparel companies, Packed Party, Esperos, Flash Tattoos, and Boutique To You
- Wrote over $3M in sales per year by collaborating with influencers like Beyoncé and securing exclusive deals with Sephora, Nordstrom, and C3 resulting in increased brand awareness.
Climate Change Advisory Panel, National Catholic Reporter
(2020 – present)
Member, Beautification Committee, Borough of Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
(2021 – present)
Assemblymember, Graduate and Professional Student Association, Arizona State University
(2020 – 2021)
Volunteer coach at The First Tee Austin
(2019 – 2021)
Director of Social Activities, Arizona State University Alumni Chapter, Austin, TX
(2019 – 2021)
Campaign Chair at Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Woman of the Year
LEED Green Associate